Want my blog updates delivered to your inbox?

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Square Root of Three Poem in the movie Harold and Kumar

Just watched recently Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantamano Bay haven't watched the first one "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" so wouldn't rate it comparably, its some loose story with R-rated comedy with issues of race, weed jokes, gross, really lunatic and terrible but still find it funny. Just don't take it seriously so you can enjoy it. What I really liked is the poem Kumar recited "The Square Root of Three", searched it and found out its a real poem from David Feinberg.

I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed

- David B. Feinberg


No comments:

I just posted this recently ...

... and what we've been talking